5:30 - 8:30 pm
June 8, 2023
This training provides participants with crucial business elements necessary to set up and operate a successful home-based child care program. This program is geared towards new and established family home providers seeking to strengthen their business practices to meet the expectations for funding opportunities, quality standards, facility upgrades, marketing, financial management, and personnel management.
Each participant will learn how to…
• Identify the components of a business plan including mission and vision statements, and strategic goals as clear reference points that communicate their business philosophy
• Choose a marketing strategy to best support recruitment, retention, and ongoing communication with families
• Explore tools to assist in managing, monitoring, and measuring their financial goals
• Determine eligibility to access city, county, and state resources for tuition subsidy, facility upgrades, and program operation funding
• Identify staffing needs and understand the legal requirements for compensation, benefits, insurance, and workplace safety
Facilitator: Dr. Angela Griffin has led the development and operations of early learning, afterschool, and youth development programs for over 30 years in California and Washington. She has been a facilitator and coach of all aspects of child and youth development including licensing, quality assessment, learning environment, curriculum, play-based learning, special needs support, community partnerships, cultural competency, racial equity, inclusion, and resource development.